Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Tribute to my Dad... Apr 1, 1934 - Mar 10, 2010

Though my heart hurts in the loss of my dad, what a wonderful blessing to know that I'll see him again in eternity. He poured his heart into our family and for that I am forever grateful. My Dad loved us with every fiber in him. Dad knew a little bit about everything. He was an amazing resource to so many. He was our "go-to" guy...to figure out a broken plumbing fixture, help figure out a weird click in a car, or just there for a good chat. Oh, how I miss my Dad. His strength, his sappyness, his wacky sense of humor and his very visible love for us. I miss you Dad. Thanks for loving us fiercely and taking the time to teach us amazing things. You will be missed by us all.





















This is my favorite picture of him. We were up at the lake...one of my favorite places...








3 comments:

Stephen Allaby said...

Gayle, awesome tribute, both in words and photos. Your dad was an awesome guy whom I looked up to. I know you miss him dearly, and for that I am truly sorry. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Stephen

Lisa Jones said...

Thank you so much for sharing these precious family photos with us, Gayle. Even the ones taken when he was so small look just like the man we all know and loved! My heart aches for you in the loss of your one and only dad.
Thank God the separation is only temporary.
Love and prayers ~ Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Gayle,
long time no talk....but when I heard of your father's passing I was saddened. Even though I knew him for a short time and the couple trips up to your mom and dads in college, I knew he was the anchor in your family. He was fun, and accepting in every way...just like you. I remember when you were working on that car as a project too. You both had so many great stories and I could tell that he was your world when you were growing up. Know that you had an unbelievable blessing in your parents, especially your dad. I think of you often and it makes me smile when i see your pics, you have continued where your parents have left off in the family department so be glad and know that God smiles when you have strong families like the Hannays do. Love God...Love people. You do it well!

Have a great day and miss you.
Love,
your college goofball friend
Jim Robinson

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...