Friday, May 25, 2007

My First Ride and Mohonk in May

15 Year Anniversary....May 23rd... Mike was in Boston, but coming home in the evening. I had been riding the motorcycle in the driveway to practice. Then, he came home by 1pm and surprised me and the first thing he wanted to do was go for our first cycle ride. I was a little nervous, but crazy excited at the same time. We suited up and got on separate bikes for the first time... it was a beautiful day... almost 80 degrees...a great day for a ride... tensions were rising and BAM... I shifted into first gear and stalled... TOTAL BUMMER... especially in front of Michael...



Well...maybe, I just needed to get that out of my system in the driveway, because the rest of the ride was GLORIOUS! Truly... yes, I made the mistake of waving to a few people with the wrong hand but "all in all", it was a successful ride! It really is exhilerating to be able to shift and control the bike..."FEEL THE WIND in your hair" (... or against your helmet as the case may be!) We had a wonderful time! I put on about 40 miles... we ran out for lunch and drive back just in time to get the kids off the bus! The girls were quite impressed to see their mom pull up behind the schoolbus on a cycle!


The next morning we went out as well...probably another 40 miles and I felt twice as comfortable. Mike seems to enjoy me riding as well. Upon our return, we packed up the car and motored to Mohonk for our anniversary... which is an entirely separate blog... We had a spectacular time... just Mike and me... rowing on the lake...hiking on a few new trails... enjoying great food and a fabulous view from our topfloor tower room. The only thing we didn't get to enjoy was a fire in the fireplace as it was about 80 degrees out. Oh well, next time... last evening we sat in a gazebo on a bridged island (see picture) just talkng as we watched the moon over Mohonk...very peaceful...a rare moment. Clearly, great memories were made. A wonderful place to celebrate our last 15 years.

1 comment:

lisko said...

your blog is GREAT! it took sometime to get the link b/c it got sent to my spam...anyway, got it now...
you look great on the bike! (i'll have to borrow it for the ms150 next year!) your weekend with mike sounded awesome! i can't believe it's been 15 years...

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...