Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why Ephesians 5:10...


What a chore to pick a blog title... oy... tough stuff... well, through deep contemplation, I have decided to call my blog by the reference to one of my favorite bible verses... It's one of my favorites because it's so simple and I don't believe I have ever heard ANYONE quote it...ever... it is Ephesians 5:10 which says "...and find out what pleases the LORD." Isn't that what life as a Christian is all about? Does it get any simpler than that? It's also a nice reminder to "get back to business..." The 21 century seems to be all about finding out what pleases "me"... Ephesians 5:10 is a gentle reminder that it's WAY bigger than "me"... and if my focus is so small that I think it's about "me" than I've missed the mark...I've missed what God's greater plan is for me...

So, in naming my blog by this verse, I'm hoping to constantly remind myself of a greater goal. I hope that the things that I find to write about are encouraging to you all and give you a glimpse into this life that God has given me....I'm sure it will be filled with trial and error, but ulitmately, hopefully, a life given back to Him for His greater purposes. It's about "Gayle, finding out what pleases the Lord..."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great surprise! Since I apparently inspired you to start this blog I think it's only fitting that I should be the fist to comment. I'm glad you jumped on the "blog wagon", Gayle. I think you're really going to like it because keeping people connected is one of your priorities . . . and rightly so.
Much love to you!

Gail Carley said...

Hey, this is great!! It will be fun to keep in touch this way! I love your blogger name. Looking forward to the first topic of discussion!!
Love to all....

giggles said...

That's my "girl"! I love your first entry! Hugs!

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...