Thursday, July 14, 2011

Waterton, Alberta (the Canadian Side of Glacier!)


We're OVER THE BORDER! Waterton is a special place to Mike and me. We came here in the 90's and had a wonderful time! We camped one night and spent our second night in the Prince of Wales Hotel which is an icon of the park. So peaceful! This was the only park that we spotted a mountain lion in. Lots of memories! So great to finally bring the girls here! Although it was overcast I still got some good pictures. This lake is so blue along with the sky I remember getting lost in looking at it... the cloudy day muted that a bit, but let it inspire you to catch it on a blue sky day!





I dared Kristin to "do the Titanic!" Ha Ha Ha!


Kasey turned it into a worship service! I love that girl!


Mike and I took this SAME boat to the same area (Goat Haunt, Montana-south side of Waterton Lake). It was here, like 16 years ago that Michael attempted to teach me how to fly fish... I caught a fly in his hat and he moved downstream...


There was a ranger display at the south end of the lake. This was an example of a bear print. Yeah... maybe I've been getting too close to the bear? It's actually a Grizzly print though... and we've only seen 3 of them thus far... Black Bear are smaller...






This was the semi-finals of the rock skipping contest...Kasey gave Michael a run for his money but Michael took the prize in the end... better luck next year girls...







Me and my girl...



IF anyone needs a professional model... I've got one...






This is the tea room in the Prince of Wales Hotel. I could drink tea here ALL DAY LONG!


This was taken for the Prince of Wales hill just north of Waterton lake.


Mike spotted this "Cinnamon" Black Bear on a desolate road heading to Cameron Lake. It was just feeding down in a picnic grove of sorts. We watched it for about 30 minutes. It could care less. So cool! We even got video of it! Now THATS National Geographic!


I took this fron the car but we were seriously THIS close! I was happy to have Mike's F150 between me and this beauty!


Cameron Lake... "peace".




Check this out! A Mama Black Bear and TWO cubs!




This momma has a black and cinnamon cub!




...can you see the two cubs in the woods?




Here's the little town of Waterton in the early evening. In the winter: population: 2000. In the winter: 60. ha ha ha!




The Prince of Wales Hotel in the early evening... LOVE this place!




Kasey caught me serving the breakfast of champions! Mornin!




...and we saw windmills... lots of 'em!




This was the last landscape picture I took today...hmmmm...what's in store for tomorrow?

No comments:

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...

HANNAY HAPPENINGS...